I apologize for my extended hiatus. I decided to step away from it all to find myself for a lack of a better word. It came in strides through music, art, muses, news and most importantly people. I chose to write this post today in regards to many things primary because tomorrow is the predicted "apocalypse" which is fine. Its not like anybody can change what will happen. Nonetheless I just wanted to express how I felt about the progression as well as the decline of our surroundings as well as the strides that have been made. Im sure everybody has basic knowledge of the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut. I was flying out to see my sister and niece while this occurred. (Pictures will be posted on the next post). It baffled me how people can commit such horrendous crimes with no remorse to their own actions. The guy murdered six year old kids in cold blood. Ive read and heard that the shooter had psychiatric issues he was dealing with but you have to wonder what led him to kill his mother and these children. On top of that there is a church Westboro Baptist Church who feels that these kids funerals are unnecessary as well as that God sent the shooter. Christian or not there is no religion that promotes homicide much less the homicide of innocent children. Furthermore these imbeciles are defending their views with quotes from the Bible. This church further more protests the funerals of fallen soldiers. People who choose to give their lives to protect these same peoples freedoms of speech to say these things. Im not here to be political or stir emotions but i am here to express at how backward this world has become. I saw one of Katrina Salviejo (
Twitter ) posts about how the lack of positive unity and protest. The closest thing we've had to call a protest this generation is the "Occupy Wall Street"movement. Katrina and I exchanged a few words and it allowed me to realize how much of a different community this world has become. Unity is a fractured concept that needs healing. There is so much animosity over frivolous ideals and thoughts. The government doesn't have the same goals and representation as it used to. Regardless of your political affiliation we are not well represented. Theres so much wrong already in society so even if there is an apocalypse its not like there is too much good around us. Speaking of good i thought id do the year in review in music. First and foremost Kendrick Lamar lived up to the hype and the the West Coast helmed "New Leader of West Coast" by Snoop and Dre. Kendrick stepped outside of boundaries of what a regular hip-hop album was and created an album that defined what originality really means in the hip-hop music scene. Nasty Nas made a return with magnificent word play and detail rap with "Life Is Good". Nas stepped into the light he is known for. Rick Ross came into his own the past year and released basically two albums Rich Forever which was personally a better record collectively than God Forgives, I Don't. He really put in the work to make a few nice albums. In the process Ab-Soul released an ill album "Control System" personally Soul will make you think about so much more than the regular shit easily. On another note Frank Ocean released his highly anticipated debut album channel Orange. A feature from André 3000 set it over the top to be a great body of work. Since I like putting people onto new music or just open eyes to it id like to introduce yall to Elijah blake. He is a signed artist to Def Jam and is under the mentorship of the prolific producer No I.D.

Having worked with and writing for some of the biggest R&B acts like Usher, Trey Songz, and even penning for Bono on a Swizz Beats produced track with Yeezy I need not say more. I won't hype the album up just check it out for yourself and rock with the dude.
The second gift I have for your is a group called "Cocaine 80s" composed of a growing roster of No I.D., James Fauntleroy, Jhene Aiko and Elijah Blake. With three mix tapes/eps out they have already created a name for themselves.
The Pursuit EP:
Ghost Lady:
Express OG EP:
UPDATE: So J. Cole just dropped this so i thought id help yall and give yall the direct link straight up.
If the world ends tomorrow, damn. I would be mad as shit for 2 reasons. First, I’m not with my family. That would suck.
What would also be wack is if I never got to drop this song.
Summer of 08′. Mark Pitts meeting had happened a month ago. He said he fucks with me, but he not talking about signing me. Ok. Fuck that. I’ma make my new shit so stupid that the next time he meet with me he gonna HAVE to sign me. Same summer I made Grown Simba and started The Warm Up with a “fuck it” mentality. A few special songs I made that summer haven’t dropped yet. This is one of them.
2012
Some of the most fun I ever had making a record. Alone in my room, making the beat, writing the raps, Jammin to this.
Here we are, Years Later, and right on time. Enjoy
- oh yea. Shout to the spanish nigga that came through and played the percussions. To the cool ass horn player that laced me, I forgot his name. This was my first Quincy Jones moment. Shout to Lil Cole. Shout to Aristotle. Shout to YOU.
Well thank you for reading through this long ass blog post. Im just living, Know what im saying. In the case the world does end ( which I dont think it will) it has been a glorious growing experience with every single reader. All of y'all are amazing for the support. If nothing goes down I shall post something on christmas eve or day. Yall will see pictures of my beautiful sister and niece. Im excited to be a Godfather. Until Next Time I Wish You Peace, Love, Happiness & Respect.
Live, Love & Enjoy this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment