The Story You Never Knew

Im young and wont proclaim to be something im not but i will assert what i want to be. I dream with no limit and work hard until my limits reached. I live to find answers, i grow through everything. I hope for the best but the worst is just as good. I hope to understand but the possibilities are infinite. Anything Else Question Me. Its Love All Love and The Elite

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Social Acceptability And Understanding

Alright so I was talkin to my brother about what we deem as acceptable in our society better yet our generation has allowed to become acceptable. We have come to where the norm is everybody is tryna find a "bad bitch" and every guy has to have money to find a good girl or a bad bitch. So I ask you again what is socially acceptable? Not to blame the hip hop culture but it has been a monicker of what success is. Like Jay-Z said "I got the hottest girl wearing my chain" but at the same time people just listen to music and take it for face value. If your a jay-z fan you'd understand every song he's created has a in-depth meaning behind the lyrics. Society doesn't care about the meaning or reasoning behind that. Why else do you think today hip hop culture will buy an album about luxury before a story about hardship? We as a generation grew up under the umbrella of "Big Pimpin", "Roses",just to name a few and all the other great classics of the nineties. All this music had meaning behind it and this is such why we revere these people as the greats if nothin else how many rappers have made a song about their mothers in the past 20 years? Tupac (Dear Mama), Jay-Z (Blueprint-Momma Loves me) and Kanye West (Hey Mama). My point is music has become about any and everything else but the things that matter. Who's dying? Who's your motivation to where you got? It's become acceptable to go get a hit record about getting some pussy or beef about who has more money, I understand it matter to them but why does it matter so much to our society who has the most when none of their ends end up in our pockets? The conversation I had with Sierra made me realize that our society is an obscure portrayal of nothing but a culture that feeds the rich more and gives hope to those who don't. In our society especially the one I've known. If your a smoker, drinker, partier your put into a class of popularity, if your decisions is counter- fitting to what the popular crowd wants your an outsider in other words "your not
Cool or you ain't shit". And to clarify that statement if you party, drink, smoke for your own benefit and recreational relaxation by all means do it. But I see too many people wanting to be a part of the "in crowd" I feel that society has put a higher value on on the dollar bill and it's ability to buy then the actual value of it. If your money is good you got it made. If your working on your own and your not buying a pair of Concords or the next iPhone then where does that leave acceptance. In the hip hop culture it has become a necessity to have multiple pairs of Jordan's it's a visual of money. I don't blame the rappers for making people want nice things but I do blame the generation that made it to where the clothes you wear or shoes you rock is a symbol of social status.We see thing at face value and our education doesn't do enough justice to make us want to think more. Intelligence is a thing of the past. Athletic skill is connoted as a separate class in itself. But the point is is social acceptability what we strive to achieve or a thought that pushes us to be "cooler/popular"? Now onto the understanding topic it's simple nobody will ever really understand one another it's almost impossible. Our experiences are different and we hope to find another person that will try to understand without judging others for their past or decisions. But that doesn't happen enough. The social hierarchy comes back and if you ain't high enough your chances of getting with somebody is slim to none. Not blame women but they degrade themselves being a "bad bitch" or wanting to be a hoe and the males in our society perpetuate that and make it the norm or the ones they want. But in the words of Andre 3000 "real guys go for real down to mars girls". On the note of thought I ask you to think about what is really socially acceptable and why do we become the people we are and what are we after in our everyday lives? Are you better then I am and based on what reason?

Until I got something else to talk to about I wish you Peace, Love, Respect and Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment