The Story You Never Knew

Im young and wont proclaim to be something im not but i will assert what i want to be. I dream with no limit and work hard until my limits reached. I live to find answers, i grow through everything. I hope for the best but the worst is just as good. I hope to understand but the possibilities are infinite. Anything Else Question Me. Its Love All Love and The Elite

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Whats The Value Of Existence?

First and Foremost. I'd like to thank everyone that reads my posts means a lot to me that so many of you cared enough to read them. Now onto the topic at hand. The value of existence. This topic hit me when I was listening to Tupac. It made me think about how we act to those who have left us and those who are still here. We take the people that are around us for granted many a times. The friends you have now, your boyfriend/girlfriend, your children, family. We mourn them after they've already left us and we regret that we weren't able to tell them you loved them or how much they meant to you. How is it that their value rises as they disappear when they've left but we're blind to them as they're right next to us or when ever you see them next. Not to necessarily bring the mood down I'm not just talking about the passing of people but also their presence in our lives and us in theirs. We have been accustomed to allowing people walking away from us be it a friend or a loved one or even someone you truly cared for. So how valuable are the people around you, to you? Are they more important when they walk away or when they pass away? I'm not asking you to go after every person that's in your life and tell them how important they are to you but at least a recognition of the people that have always been there for you through the arguments, fights, celebrations and the weakest moments we all have. In the words of Kanye West "If you admire someone you should go ahead and tell em, people never get flowers while they can still smell em" (Big Brother). There's few words that need to be said to those you love when the feeling is mutual but sometimes the extra few words in a text or a phone call makes their days that much brighter. Our pride sometimes keeps us from being humble and showing humility. I know a few people that have said "I don't ever send texts first" personally it's a social issue in my opinion. It's kind of the guys responsibility to get the girls number and call her or initiate contact. Every single time. Any relationship is a mutual understanding of both parties taking on half of the responsibility. We all want a notice of what we mean to people but how are we so oblivious to what's important. Our generation has become so materialistic that recognition is in the form of money, diamonds, cars so on and so forth. As I was eating at a restaurant I saw something that doesnt happen anymore. A married couple met each other in different cars and came inside they sat next to each other and the guy was very chivalrous in the fact he pull out the chair and everything. Then he wrote on a piece of paper the following



"Have you ever seen true love?
The light in each others face? The joy in their eyes or the warm tender embrace. The heart, pounding scared of the earth under your feet when eachothers lips meet. "

With some help from a friend I was able to get that piece of paper. Her eyes lit up like it was theirs first date. I asked them how long they've been married and they said 36 years

We go through hardships and that's a part of life but when somebody tells you how much you mean to them thats one of the best instantaneous feelings we can ever receive. We fail to realize how different our life would have been if these people weren't in our lives. How is it that we can take the people around us for granted but when they walk away or pass we mourn them and say you miss them so much. We have a tendency to live carefree and oblivious of those around us unless they take the initiative to talk to us. What importance does existence have?  Do we even care anymore or is it just a thought that hides in the back of our head and we're too scared because of what that person will think? Fear is always the force that stops our dreams and brightest thoughts from flourishing so step out of fear and do something.Tell somebody how much they mean to you. Value them and show them appreciation.

Be a blessing to someone today - Prov 11:25”

Until Next Time I Wish You Peace, Love, Respect And Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment