The Story You Never Knew

Im young and wont proclaim to be something im not but i will assert what i want to be. I dream with no limit and work hard until my limits reached. I live to find answers, i grow through everything. I hope for the best but the worst is just as good. I hope to understand but the possibilities are infinite. Anything Else Question Me. Its Love All Love and The Elite

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Its About More Than Kony

Alright I told yall I had something things planned for yall. With the emphasis on STOP KONY2012 I was talking to Sarah Worth when she mentioned these videos about the background of what has happened occurred and how we can help. So I asked her if she was interested in doing a piece for my blog and she has blessed us with a wonderful well written article for us. Enjoy the read, make a change and follow Sarah!!! ( https://twitter.com/#!/illest_destinee) The pictures you see were taken by Sophia Worth.  As well as check out her website  on OLPC http://ubcolpc09.wordpress.com/   when she went to Africa more specifically in Kenya and other parts of Africa in efforts to distribute laptops and teach them how to use them


By now I am sure that mostly everyone knows of the STOP KONY 2012 movement. I wanted to go a little bit deeper and help others understand the background of all of this and really get a feel for what is going on.

Get Your KONY2012 Action Kit Today: http://invisiblechildrenstore.myshopify.com/products/kony-kit

The Invisible Children Inc. is a non- profit organization that was created over seven years ago by three male filmmakers from San Diego who traveled to Africa in search of a story. They found much more than the story they bargained for. They discovered Africa’s longest running war. They found children in Uganda were and still are being forced to be weapons of destruction. Who knew that this journey would lead to a worldwide effort in stopping this calamity?
Who We Are



Displace Me: The Trailer


Education is one of the greatest things a child can receive. Unfortunately Uganda isn’t the only country children are being deprived of their independence and education. It is no surprise that the entire continent of Africa is suffering from lack of an education. The Arrest of Kony is the first step in ending the hostile environment for these innocent kids, but second comes an education. Stopping Kony would be a great start to bettering the lives of the Ugandan people, but what happens after that? Do the Ugandan people go back to living a normal and safe life? Not without an education.


As we become better human beings we try to help and  enable education of countries such as Uganda. Social groups such as the One Laptop Per Child organization is an inspiring way that people in America have gotten involved in efforts to educate children in countries like those in Africa.  What is OLPC exactly? OLPC is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities to those in developing countries in hopes to empower them through education. These inexpensive laptops are distributed to deserving children while others who feel compelled to change the world venture out and help instruct these children on how to use them.


To learn more about OLPC: http://one.laptop.org/

With the help of social networking and other resources, the Stop Kony2012 message was heard around the world. The response to video was overwhelming. People across the globe who were once unaware of the issue suddenly felt compelled to get involved. I think as human beings, we all need to strive on helping one another by focusing on defining our own history and the course of by creating a better future for these children and the entire world. Fact of the matter is that this raging war that began in Uganda is not the only tragedy that is occurring in our world right now. Children in our own country are starving, selling drugs, and/or being abused, ect. What are we doing in order to make a difference? We are all too focused on the finer things in life. There is no shame in wanting the life we never had, but imagine if we channeled all those ambitious actions and thoughts into something that would impact the world for the better. We determine our future and our history, everybody knows that! Are we willing to make it a world worth living for? STAND FOR SOMETHING AND STOP AT NOTHING! HELP MAKE THE CHANGE!


Until Next Time I Wish You Peace, Love Respect & Happiness

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your inspirational website, Stebin! There is so much suffering going on in all parts of Africa. During my travels to Kenya, I saw starvation on a new level. There were children whose bellies were expanded while their legs and arms were just bones because they were malnourished. Any one with any type of sickness or disease were usually left to suffer because of the lack of medical care and money to pay for services. In the North Pokot, women were treated as property and were bought with a dowry to men with several wives. Now, in Uganda there are children being STOLEN from their homes. They are forced to kill their parents and join the Lord's Resistance Army. The young girls are forced to be sex slaves. We cannot and will not let this happen! This needs to come to an end America! We are blessed with many opportunities here in the U.S.A while others struggle to survive. I want to end with a quote for the infamous Gandhi:
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."

    Sophia Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself. I think we take many of the blessing we have for granted until our eyes are truly opened by an experience or a honest true story. And I hope I touch a few peoples minds and lives with this post and ultimately my website. Thank you for the support and the efforts you gave to those deserving children.

    Stebin John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you and Sophie! WOW.... keep up the great, meaningful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, great stuff! It is very refreshing to know that the next generation is going to Make a Change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally feel that there are numerous changes that need to be changed in this world. For far too long not enough have stood up gotten the word out and done something about it. My only wish is that my blog and the posts like these influence positive actions from my readers. Even if it doesn't it's at least in their mind if they were to act upon them in the future. But without an avenue to express and maneuver the lost and still young generation there's no way that change will occur. I hope it's guidance for those who want it and motivation who need it and most importantly faith that there are still good people in this world.


    Stebin J

    ReplyDelete